Digital marketing is not the future. It is the now. If you want to stay relevant, you will need to have strategic digital marketing experience under your
belt. This is not an option. Digital has proven to be the most significant disruptor to marketing since Sigmund Freud explained that infatuation with apples is limited to breast-fed Caucasians.
Just kidding, I don’t think he said that but he could have. Anyways, I have been doing my research to identify what the best online digital marketing courses are out there. Ultimately, I plan to choose one of them and I promise to take you on my journey to digital marketing mastery!
The following is a list of the top online digital marketing courses offered. Not all are free though. I will be choosing one of these soon and plan to bring you along on my learning journey. Stay tuned and let me know if you have any suggestions.
HubSpot Inbound Marketing Academy
YouTube Creator Academy
Analytics Academy helps you learn about Google’s measurement tools so that you can grow your business through intelligent data collection and analysis.
It is composed of 4 main learning courses:
- Google Analytics for Beginners:
Learn the basic features of Google Analytics including how to create an account, implement tracking code, analyze basic reports, and set up goals and campaign tracking.
- Advanced Google Analytics:
Learn about advanced Google Analytics features including data collection, processing and configuration, and more complex analysis and marketing tools.
- Ecommerce Analytics From Data to Decisions:
Discover how to use Enhanced Ecommerce reports in Google Analytics to make informed ecommerce business decisions.
- Google Tag Manager Fundamentals:
Discover how Google Tag Manager can simplify the tag implementation and management process for marketers, analysts, and developers.Learn More
Includes 34 in-depth online courses (15 mins each) available to anyone with a Facebook account. Accessible on PC & mobile, 24×7.
Covers the fundamentals of the Inbound Marketing Methodology. Learn how SEO, Landing Pages, Blogging, Conversion, Lead Nurturing, and Email Marketing come together in your strategy. Includes 12 classes (20-40 mins each) that you can watch anywhere.
The Creator Academy includes everything you will need to get started on Youtube and achieve mastery. Some of the topics covered include: Analytics, making money, 360 virtual videos, creating content and growing your subscription list. Check it out for more information.
The immersive programme was created in 2012 to combat industry challenges around hiring, developing and retaining great digital talent. The course helps organisations build their digital capabilities and develop leadership skills for a digital age. Squared is Google’s flagship education programme.
Squared helps achieve the following objectives:
- Evaluate the relationship between digital innovations and changing consumer behaviour, and communicate how this relationship will evolve in the future
- Propose how an organization can build an effective digital-first presence that drives consumer engagement and long and short-term objectives
- Assess quantitative and qualitative data from a variety of sources to generate insights and make strategic recommendations
- Design digital-first marketing strategies that utilise various technologies across the entire customer journey
- Work pro-actively in teams, delivering virtual projects that influence change, to tight deadlines, and complex project specifications
- Advocate ways to drive organizational change by bringing together skills in digital strategy and leadership