Trade Marketing Manager Job Description
Trade marketing varies in scope from one company to another. Here, I have tried to create a universal trade marketing manager job description that can be used across multiple categories. You will find that this job description manages to find the sweet spot between channel and shopper marketing leading to a concise yet comprehensive trade marketing manager job description. This role generally would support that of the brand manager, the channel marketing manager and consumer marketing manager.
The trade marketing manager is responsible for translating the overall brand strategy across the channel and specifically at the point of sale. The trade marketing manager is responsible for creating demand for the product across the channel, while ensuring recommendation and sell-out to the consumer using the required trade marketing tools, activities and communications.
- Develops and deploys programs to encourage wholesalers, distributors and retailers to stock and sell our products.
- Liaises with brand and communication managers to develop at store merchandising plan
- Responsible for maintaining point of sale material and planograms
- Develop category plans including product range
- Delivers consumer activations and promotions at the point of sale
- Liaise with channel sales teams to ensure trade marketing strategies are aligned and drives sales objectives
- Develops and delivers trade influencer programs and communication plans
- Analytic skills to plan for seasonality, pricing, promotions
- Brand communication skills
- Commercial acumen
Key Performance Indicators:
- Coverage: Number of shops in your universe
- Penetration: Number of shops stocking your products
- Throughput: Average sales volume per shop
- SKU Penetration: Average number of SKUs per shop
In addition to the above, I suggest reviewing this website for more information about the detailed responsibilities or here to see Red Bull’s trade marketing job description. If you have your own trade marketing job description, leave a copy in the comment box below.